Milwaukee 14.4v cordless drill - which to buy?

Page 2 of 2

Upscale wrote:
Somebody wrote:

IMHO, bullshit.
I used an 18 VDC DeWalt driving a 3" hole saw to cut a hole in the aft end of the keel for the propshaft tube of the boat I'm building.
Drilled a hole thru 3/4" of epoxy and double bias knitted glass.
By comparison, drilling that same hole thru a piece of hickory is a piece of cake.
Had to replace the bimetal hole saw, but the drill is still working.
BTW, my corded drill is a 1/2" right angle unit for drilling large holes with a hole saw.
Lew

Great, you've got yourself a very capable cordless unit. Good for you. I'm sure that next you're going to us that the cordless DeWalt will outpower any and all corded drills.
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

My _primary_ drill is also an 18v DeWally, with two batteries that have been rebuilt by www.primecell.com (and having experienced the before and after, that was key to turning it into the hoss it is) ... I rarely have to bring out the corded 1/2" drive Milwaukee, but I am glad it's there.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I have one of the original Milwaukee 14.4 cordless drills. I use it almost every day...it's been busy these last few days. Not a hic-up for almost 5 years.... 1/2" variable speed with clutch. I'd do that again in a heart-beat.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
[snip]
For real screw-driving on a serious level, try the Milwaukee 1/2" Close Quarters drill (Yup it has a tail).
Quite awkward at first, once you're used to it..nothing else will do.