Milwakee 6266-22 failure

I had my Milwaukee 6266 saw for a year and it failed tonight. It makes a loud griding noise. I am going to take it back to Lowes and exchange it. Anyone else heard of problems with this saw? Should I get something else? I like the saw a lot though.

Rich Andrews

Uhhh... Lowes is under no obligation to take back a saw that is a year old - they didn't build it. Any repairs would be handled by Milwaukee Warranty Service Center - IF it is still under warranty.

As for a new saw, the Porter Cable saw is good, and so is the worm drive Skil 77 - if you've got the bucks. All other Skil Saws are to be avoided. FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G.

IIRC Milwaukee had a lifetime warranty back then. They are who you should contact.

Reply to
Leon