Milling wood from a dead tree

Hello all,

Since spring is here and everything is in bloom, I have two white oaks that appear to have died this last winter. They are about 50-60' high and about 24" in diameter. They are close enough to my house that they will have to come down before they fall. Can trees that are already dead be milled to 4/4 lumber for furniture and such? Has anyone had any experience with this?

Thanks for your help!

Ronnie

Reply to
shooter

As long as they're not rotted out in the core or riddled by bugs. Only way you're going to find out is to cut them down.

Reply to
Upscale