Milling Some Maple in Oregon

Am milling some maple in NW Oregon, near Sheridan. I have a miller that will charge $.35 /L.F. to saw. I have more logs than I need (can afford to have cut). Some are Birdseye/high figure. If Someone local in the area wants to pay for their part of the sawing, you can have the rest. We would probably have to help the sawyer the days he mills too. I have the logs on the landing and am shipping to the mill next week, after that its whenever he can cut them. Logs are bucked into 8's, 10's and 12's plus trim. 8" to about 20", I think there may be 6 - 8 extra logs.

This is a first for me, but thought milling and (air) drying my own lumber would be the way to go.

E-mail me if you want to try some of the "great experiment" and we'll see how it goes. ***Put "Maple Logs" in the header or it will get killed

Schroeder schroede@hotmail

Reply to
Schroeder

I'm in Portland and would love some of or all of those logs.

Reply to
Tattooed and Dusty