milling alum. with router

Not a problem. . .With it screwed securely to a piece of stock, I can get all the accuracy I need for a splitter.

Kim

Reply to
Kim Whitmyre

accuracy has nothing to do with it. using a table saw for this is like using a table saw to slice bread. it may be possible, but why?

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I always use a bandsaw. Lathe is good for cinnamon rolls.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Thanks CW, I was being lazy and used the Rockford quick calculator (got to delete that thing). I agree about the method of hold down, just seemed that the general tone of the thread was that routing Al was in the same category as sticking your hand in acid.

Bernard R

Reply to
Bernard Randall

ya i think ill route me out some chocloate chip cookies!!

radny

Reply to
xrongor

Randy, you may wish to re-read the thread. I don't recall anyone said to use a TS. When a thread gets long enough, Chinese whispers kick in.

cheers,

Greg

Reply to
Greg Millen

It's simple and safe in my experience, YMMV. . .

Kim

Reply to
Kim Whitmyre