Milking The Wrong End Of The Cow

The Wall Street Journal reports that sawdust has risen from $25.00 a ton two years ago to $100.00 a ton today.
There is a sawdust shortage...
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120451039119406735.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_page_one
Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet
"Tom Watson" informed us

Reminds me of a story.
I had a friend who would do anything for certain women. ( A common malady among young men) She got him into the dog bed biz. He made the frames and then stuffed big pillows full of cedar shavings. He acquired a big pile of cedar posts to make the shavings. But he got most of his shavings from a company that just gave it to him to haul away,
They got in a big order and their source of shavings suddenly dried up. Everything was ready to go, but no shavings. He had just the weekend to produce copious quatities of shavings. He didn't have a planer, but had an old iron, 6 inch jointer.
Soooo..., he fired up the jointer and made shavings for an entire weekend. They got all their dog pillows stuffed. And he went out of business the next week.
I guess he decided this girlfriend was too high maintenence.
On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:18:40 -0500, Tom Watson wrote:

I'm rich! I'm rich!
Sawdust seems to be most of what I produce :-).
and a shortage on the Dollar a shortage on the DOW and about 4000 less Americans lost in Bush's Iraq war!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB120451039119406735.html?mod=todays_us_nonsub_page_one