Milescraft Offset Base $2.50 at Lowes

http://www.milescraft.com/product/1205.html http://xrl.us/offsetbase
That's right, two dollars & fifty cents, at Lowes on clearance.
This thing has some really cool features, like snapping on and off the offset base and guide bushings that pop on and off.
This isn't exactly Festool, but I'm sure it would do great for a hobbyist... heck, for $2.50, the centering bit is worth it, if only for the fact that it's a tapered one.
I'm going to keep this thing as a spare for out-of-shop jobs.
--

-MIKE-

My Lowes has it for $40, but I already own one! They Are very good and at $2.50 a definite steal.
On 3/31/10 4:00 PM, LDosser wrote:

For what it's worth, it shows up for 40 bucks on the store website where I got it, too. Might be worth a trip to the local store for anyone else interested.
--

-MIKE-

Was out and about. Local Lowes had one left for $9.98. Thought about it for a while and figured I really needed one on the extra router and 75% off was pretty decent. At the self check the machine wouldn't take the sale sticker and told me to seek help. Since help didn't seem available, I snagged the kid in the Lowes uniform. He messed with the sales tag a couple times and got the same reaction I did. Then he tried the bar code on the back. It said $4.99. Kid didn't like that, so he whipped through again and again the machine said $4.99. H was going for the tri-fecta when I 'jokingly' mentioned I'd have to bash him with my cane if the price came up higher than $4.99. I slipped a five in the cash slot and departed with receipt, penny change and router base.
On 3/31/2010 5:23 PM LDosser spake thus:

But you got cheated outta $2.49!

- a Usenet "apology"

We pay a premium for living here.
"LDosser" wrote:

------------------------------ So when did you move to SoCal?
Lew

Actually a lot of it moved here starting around 1973.
""LDosser" wrote:

------------------------------- How's that moss growing between your toes coming along?
Lew

Keeps the feet warm ...
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 23:24:53 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"

That's absurd. Nobody moves _from_ CA _to_ Iowa. It's widely known that the culture shock would frizzle even the stoutest psyche.
-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Those that got this far north had one hell of a shock. They got here during one of the dry decades ...