Mildly OT - And Why I Still Admit They're Mine

Yeah, it's got wood in it. Later.

Well, I finally got time to try and get the donor vehicle for the Dub started and moved. Tried to get the older son to come over and help. Gave me some story about his MIL's birthday. But then the younger son surprised me and offerred to help. It started but wouldn't keep running. Tommorrow I'll check the builtin filter in the carb. I bit frustrating because I've only got to move it about 30 feet, so I can get what I need off of it and discard the rest. That will also allow someone to come in and tow away a 1980 Pontiac wagon the younger kid brought in and basically abandoned. A shame, because it looks good, the interior is great, and it runs. Just a bad trans.

Recently a recycling automobile yad in the area (junk yard to the uninformed) converted to a pick your own parts operation, and for Labor Day is having a half price sale. The younger son found an axle that would be great in my Luv - that's the one they're supposed to be getting finished for me, and the older son wants to pick up the axle tomorrow. Disc brakes, locker rearend, 4:11 gears, all for arund $60 - my money of course. I figure with the right tires, and a bit of weight in the back, with the engine that's in the Luv, I may even be able to pull the wheels, on a good day. They've been promising to get the Luv done for a while now, so i'm not holding my breath, but they talk like they actually may start working on it this time. If nothing else, I can always get my money back on the axle, and probably a bit extra.

The Luv looks a bit shabby now and that's just the way it's gonna remain. Should make an excellent sleeper. I drove it a time or two when the older son owned it, it had a tired 350 in it, but even with no traction, it was fast. The crate engine in it now doesn't have too many miles on it and has a Performer intake, Holley carb, and one or two other things.

Oh yeah, the wood connection. When the Luv "finally" gets on the road it should really haul ash.

JOAT My shop, my rules.

Reply to
J T

OK. Here's a brilliant idea for you. Pull the tranny out of the VDub and put it in the Pontiac. Howzzat? jo4hn ;-)

Reply to
jo4hn

Mon, Sep 4, 2006, 4:25pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) doth proposeth: OK. Here's a brilliant idea for you. Pull the tranny out of the VDub and put it in the Pontiac. Howzzat?

No trans in the Dub. The boys didn't come up with an axle either. The yard opened at 9, they got there well after 12, line about 3 anyway, and the axle was long gone, as weell as everything the younger son had earmarked for himself. I'll make you a very good deal if you want to adop either or both. Howzzat?

JOAT My shop, my rules.

Reply to
J T

Another pregnant idea aborted. Oh well. And I don't need any more cars, broken or otherwise. Good luck to you. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Tue, Sep 5, 2006, 10:19am (EDT-3): snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) doth mistaketh me with: Another pregnant idea aborted. Oh well. And I don't need any more cars, broken or otherwise. Good luck to you.

Oh, no, no, no, no, no. You're totally mistaken about what I meant. I've no problem with keeping the vehicles. It's the kids I'm willing to make a deal for. I'll even pay shipping, UPS or USPS, your choice. Get back to me with what you've got to trade.

JOAT My shop, my rules.

Reply to
J T

Think they can be trained to do windows?

Reply to
Upscale

Tue, Sep 5, 2006, 3:41pm snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com (Upscale) doth wistfullly query: Think they can be trained to do windows?

Absolutely. Guaranteed.

Of course that answer depends on what exactly you want done to windows. If you meant "cleaning" windows, they're certainly capable of doing an excellent job with that - getting them to actually clean windows, well that's "your" problem.

JOAT My shop, my rules.

Reply to
J T

I've got a blow up doll (anatomically correct) that I don't use any more. mahalo, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

Ok, I'll think about it. I'm just wondering what it would cost to ship them up to Canada? If they're claimed as a gift worth less than $25 dollars, a measurable amount of duty can be saved getting them across the border.

Reply to
Upscale

Tue, Sep 5, 2006, 5:55pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@mahalo.charter.net (jo4hn) doth publicaly admit: I've got a blow up doll (anatomically correct) that I don't use any more. =A0 =A0 =A0 mahalo,

EWWW!!! Not just NO, but HELL NO! EWWW!

JOAT I am not paranoid. I do not "think" people are after me. I "know" damn well they're after me.

Reply to
J T

Wed, Sep 6, 2006, 12:15am snipped-for-privacy@teksavvy.com (Upscale) doth spake: Ok, I'll think about it. I'm just wondering what it would cost to ship them up to Canada? If they're claimed as a gift worth less than $25 dollars, a measurable amount of duty can be saved getting them across the border.

I'll have to withdraw the offer. The decontamination fees would bankrupt most people. Ah well. Guess I'm stuck with 'em. I did get back the money for the axle less $140, that was borrowed, without asking me first. Ah well. It cost me less raising them than it does now that they're adults.