Microwave in shop?

Page 2 of 2
On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 02:41:56 -0400, Rob Mitchell wrote:

Quite. The microwave is far more desireable than an open flame, or even an electric element heater. Home microwave ovens are tuned to the H-O bond in water. The wax, mineral spirits, and whatnot in my screw lube are poor antennas for that microwave frequency. So they warm, but not as fast as aqueous materials. Bonus, the small oven would contain a small fire. I wouldn't recommend doing large quantities this way, in case the fan is sparky.
--
"Keep your ass behind you"

I don't know about the grapes, but I do know that an egg in the microwave will explode in exactly 1 min 15 seconds.... cooked for 1 min and 15 seconds later when I open the microwave door ;-)
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Runnonmt) wrote in message
(Todd) wrote:

Marshmallows are fun to watch, too. A fresh one will swell up to about the size of a tennis ball. And if your microwave has variable power levels (usually implemented by cycling on and off), it's even more fun: the marshmallow will grow and shrink, grow and shrink as the power cycles.
You can toast marshmallows in the microwave, too. They remain white on the outside, but get brown and toasted on the inside.
Doug Miller wrote:

(I should know better than to join this thread but can't resist.)
If a toasted marshmellow remains white on the outside, then how do you know when it's done? This strikes me as fun for showing grandchildren...
...And to the list of things NOT to microwave I would add gummy worms and fresh pecans (DAMHIKT).
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA

Peeps are fund to watch. Just put it on high and watch the show.

By the smell.

Oh, absolutely. Kids love it.