Micro-gloat

Okay, I know everybody has their opinion on Ryobi 18v cordless tools... I've had the "six-pack" for two flawless years. (drill, CMS, spin saw, recip saw, circ saw, flashlight, 3 batts, charger, rolling bench/storage case)

The only thing missing was a jigsaw. I don't use a jigsaw very often and my crappy old B&D has done the job for years. Now it won't hold a blade. Knowing that the Ryobi 18v jigsaw was $169 (Canadian) I figured I'd cough up a couple more bucks for a corded Bosch. Did some price shopping and ended up at HD... no stock on the Bosch I wanted but low and behold, the 18v Ryobi was on sale... $70 off with 1 batt and charger.

I figured the jigsaw was a bit of a score and I wanted an extra battery and charger anyway. Then I come across 18v batteries 1 for $34.95 or 2 for $59.95 (regular price) so I bought 2. Last month they were $109 each!

This is part of the Ryobi One+ System at HD... you can buy just the battery, just the tool, just the charger etc. It's still cheaper to buy a combo kit but it's a good way to add on to your collection and it's cheaper than eBayers parting out kits. The going rate for a battery is $35US+shipping.

New stuff available (at least I think it's new)

18v Impact, 18v Brad Nailer/Stapler, 18v 3-speed hammer drill

No longer available (as far as I know)

18v 8.25" Mitre Saw... not sure why, I love this saw! It cuts 6"x3/4" boards all day, it came with a decent thin kerf 40T carbide blade and was damn accurate right out of the box. I probably use mine more than any other tool I own (including my 10" CMS).

I wouldn't pay a dime for some Ryobi products but today's 18v purchases are a gloat in my mind!

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD