micro dado jig

It may also be called Precision Router Dado Jig. Have any of you heard or know anything about it? I heard it is supposed to be the latest thing out for cutting dados with a router.I don't know who sells it. Thanks for your opinions.

Reply to
Joe

A search on the internet found this jig. Is this the item you are looking for:

T.

Reply to
PHT

Reply to
Jim Behning

Better yet, simply use a "top" bearing straight flush cut bit. Clamp a straight edge wide enough for the bearing to ride against and then take a sample of the piece that will fit in the dado and put it up against the straight edge. Then clamp a second straight edge and clamp it so that the sample piece is captured between it and the first straight edge.

Essentially the sample piece establishes the required width between the two straight edges. The two straight edges guide the top bearing bit for a perfect sized dado.

I have also designed a dado jig that uses this set up for this purpose if any one is interested. It maintains the established width of the dado with out having to readjust.

Reply to
Leon

attaches to these straight-edges.

Upscale

What's up? the link is dead

Limp Arbor

What's up? the link is dead

believe Morris got tired of people using his site for various reasons and not offering appreciation. He did have my permission to post the jig plans.

Reply to
Leon

I think the little black jig offers a benefit because the router is not "attached" to the jig - it just slips in place to rout the dado or whatever. He other one from Lee Valley suffers from a need to blot a plate onto the router and selling you an extra straight edge. For the occaisional use, the little black jig seems the best solution. If I were regularly cutting dadoes, I suspect I would be cutting similar stock and widths so a dedicated "home brew" approach would be better and cheaper.

My thoughts ran to a parallelogram set of guides that the PC-type base might ride between. One a fixed guide bar as used bt the LBJ and the other attached with tow arms to another guide that could be set to the width of the plate or larger - when the required dado is larger than the available bit width - you fix the guide bar the appropriate distance and the floating bar flush to the router plate and route away.

If that's what he was looking for, then Lee Valley has a similar jig that attaches to these straight-edges.
> Better yet, simply use a "top" bearing straight flush cut bit. =A0Clamp a

Reply to
Hoosierpopi