Michael Dresdner's Daughter - Still a need for a Call To Action?

Back in January of 2002, Rob Johnstone, then the editor of Woodworker's Journal, put out a Call To Action. Michael Dresdner's daughter was going to need chemotherapy and the medical bills were going to be considerable. A trust fund had been set up and Rob requested that woodworkers everywhere kick in to ease some of the financial strain the family would be having to deal with. Michael Dresdner, for the rare few who don't know who he is, is a finishing guru/saint who has shared his vast experience and knowledge with hundreds of thousands of woodworkers via his articles, books - and posts of assistance to various woodworking forums.

So - does anyone know how his daughter and family are doing. Is there still a need to "kick in and ease a financial strain"? If so, is the trust fund account still open?

Dresdner has helped a LOT of woodworkers over the years. Might be a good idea to return the favor, even though he never expects anything in return when he helps others.

Someone out here must have more info.

charlie b

Reply to
charlieb

"charlieb" wrote

I saw somewhere, not more than two back (at the most), where he had replied to an online forum query that his daughter was "doing very well", or words to that effect.

This is in the dim, and rapidly aging, synapses/recesses of my mind, so take it as FWIW ... but I certainly hope it still holds true.

Reply to
Swingman

I bet that info is available from the Popular Woodworking Mag site:

charlieb wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber