MHG Chisels & Hartville Tool

I have a set of Lee Valley (LV) chisels and a set of Lie-Nielsen (LN) chisels. Lee Valley chisels are nice and reasonably priced. The LN's are superb and priced high (accordingly).
Now I want a mortising chisel or two or three.....
Today's mail ahd a new catalog from Hartville Tool and low and behold, a new chisel chioce -- at least for me. Nice looking intermediately priced chisels from a company called MHG Tools from Germany.
Any of you know anything about these tools? The mortising chisels are in the neighborhood of $30 apiece compared with $50 for LN's, and $10 for the LV's.
While I'm on the subject, anybody use the LV Detail chisels? They look good -- around $28 apiece.
Hartville Tools does not yet have an image of these new chisels on their web site: http://www.hartvilletool.com/prodlist.php?category=chisels&PHPSESSIDX53e6113951d504baef25f7014abc47
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Never Enough Money) wrote in
<snip>

One of the woodworkers I hang out with at Adult Ed has the LV detail set, and really likes them for small, fiddly stuff. Hence the name, detail chisel.
Patriarch, who was doing some hand cut dovetails tonight, hoping to get good enough to use them in an actual project real soon now...
I want mortise chisels too! Dagnabit! But for all cost comparisons I have done which ain't supremely much... I decided upon Henry Taylor ones at: http://www.traditionalwoodworker.com/ because the price for quality is really good. Free ground shipping if your buys are over $75 too. I'll get'em when I can afford it.
Alex

http://www.hartvilletool.com/prodlist.php?category=chisels&PHPSESSIDX53e61 13951d504baef25f7014abc47
Hi -
MHG are good quality chisels - have tested them ourselves, and can recommend them...
Cheers -
Rob
[snip]

Then it must be a business reason Lee Valley doesn't carry them? Thanks for the honesty -- even on products that compete with yours.

wrote in message news:<9Ox8d.7349> >

recommend
Hi -
Yes - the most salient one being that Hartville has an exclusive in the US market, which removes them from consideration for our catalogs - it's not an attractive proposition for us to sell them in one country only. However, there are several choices in this quality/price level - and from more than one country, but the MHG are good chisels....
Cheers -
Rob