Metrication.

Page 3 of 3
wrote>

I've made that error before! I wonder if alternating the background color would help avoid it. Odd inches would be in one color (orange?) and even inches would be in a different color (yellow?).
Why don't we ever seem to cut the piece 1" too long?
Puckdropper

That's why carpenters always read off their tapes in inches, never feet and inches.
Yeah, and that "someday" finally came for me and I threw the darn thing out, in the garbage. Now if I didn't have a tape measure I would have to find one somewhere or buy a few more but I wasn't going to waste wood as often with that mistake, again. Went on for years until I had enough, one day....LOL