metal screw inset

Does anyone know where I can purchase a fastener system that I've seen in supply catalogs: It's a two-piece system, a threaded metal inset that can be screwed into a hole in the materail to make an attachment to, with a threaded central hole that accepts a wood screw. It's a type of system used in furniture that is intended to disassemble and reassemble often. Does anyone know what it's called (so I can cut to the chase and find it on the Net!)?

Reply to
Alan Andrews

Michael Latcha

Try:

hardware.

Reply to
Martin K

Threadserts.

RicodJour

Or "threaded inserts" Lee Valley or Rockler (both of which have already been mentioned) would be the first places I'd look. Andy

Reply to
Andy

Yes, "threaded inserts," that's what I'm thinking of, in stainless steel, though, preferably.

Thanks to everyone.

Reply to
Alan Andrews

Also see McMaster Carr:

type in threaded inserts in the search box and you will see a vast array of them. I checked and they do have some in stainless.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

Yessss...McMaster Carr. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that.

Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
Alan Andrews

Here's a source that I discovered, but I kinda suspect that their product is hard to find. Surely there's other manufacturers.

for what I'm planning, a "rivet nut" (come to find out) would be a better solution (no need to tap a hole).

Reply to
Alan Andrews

Go to

they have stainless steel threaded inserts in 8-32,

10-24 and 1/4-20 according to their paper catalog. They should also have them on-line.

John Flatley Jacksonville, FL

| > or these? | >

| > or maybe these? | >

| |