metal screw inset

Does anyone know where I can purchase a fastener system that I've seen in supply catalogs: It's a two-piece system, a threaded metal inset that can be screwed into a hole in the materail to make an attachment to, with a threaded central hole that accepts a wood screw. It's a type of system used in furniture that is intended to disassemble and reassemble often. Does anyone know what it's called (so I can cut to the chase and find it on the Net!)?
Like these? http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&pD203&cat=3,41306,41311
or these? http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&p@361&cat=3,43715,43727
or maybe these? http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=2&pD236&cat=3,41306,45375

Yes, "threaded inserts," that's what I'm thinking of, in stainless steel, though, preferably.
Thanks to everyone.

Go to www.mcfeelys.com
they have stainless steel threaded inserts in 8-32, 10-24 and 1/4-20 according to their paper catalog. They should also have them on-line.
John Flatley Jacksonville, FL
message
| >> Does anyone know where I can purchase a fastener system that I've seen in | >> supply catalogs: It's a two-piece system, a threaded metal inset that | >> can be screwed into a hole in the materail to make an attachment to, with | >> a threaded central hole that accepts a wood screw. It's a type of system | >> used in furniture that is intended to disassemble and reassemble often. | >> Does anyone know what it's called (so I can cut to the chase and find it | >> on the Net!)? | >> | > | > | |
Try : Alan Andrews wrote:

under hardware.
Alan Andrews wrote:

Threadserts.

Or "threaded inserts" Lee Valley or Rockler (both of which have already been mentioned) would be the first places I'd look. Andy

Also see McMaster Carr: http://www.mcmaster.com / Just type in threaded inserts in the search box and you will see a vast array of them. I checked and they do have some in stainless.
--

Roger Shoaf

Yessss...McMaster Carr. I don't know why I hadn't thought of that.
Thanks for the tip.

Here's a source that I discovered, but I kinda suspect that their product is hard to find. Surely there's other manufacturers.
http://mdmetric.com/tubtara/tubtara.htm http://mdmetric.com/tubtara/SS-304-UFO9.pdf http://mdmetric.com/tubtara/SS-304-UKO10.pdf
Actually, for what I'm planning, a "rivet nut" (come to find out) would be a better solution (no need to tap a hole).