metal protection and Johnson's paste wax

Page 2 of 2

I don't use it much on tools, but I do use it on my table saw and other bench type tool tops with success. It not only protects, but makes the wood slide around easier.
I also use it as a finish coat on wood boxes I make. I usually stain, then spray a couple of coats of lacquer then top off with 3-4 coats of JPW buffed out.