Messy shop

Page 2 of 2

said:

I actually sweep daily so as to not track inside the house but when the project is done the leaf blower comes out to get into the areas that the dust collects.

Yep, I've done that before. On a good windy day, I've opened front and back windows and doors and blew the heck out of the place.
Sonny

Oh it never stops accumulating... it's just the change isn't noticed as easily. Sawdust is the same color as sawdust...
Puckdropper

You are tracking the excess inside the house. ;~) I clean up daily now, only takes about 5 minutes.

MUCH less dust with planes and scrapers. Sure, you have to sharpen them daily, but it takes less time to swipe an edge under a buffing wheel than to sweep an entire 20 x 50 shop. I still sand, but 220 is my starting grit.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just don't let your wife help. Wives have a way of putting things away so that some of them never see the light of day again.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
On 03/05/2011 01:25 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:

...and they want you to pitch all those perfectly good scraps that adorn all the free space (what ever that is).
On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 10:28:49 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Ayup. I'm spending more time now moving things out of the way to work than I am working in there.

I'm far too oblivious to clutter for that to affect me. <sigh>
-- Life is full of little surprises. --Pandora
On Sat, 5 Mar 2011 10:28:49 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"
I'm lucky enough to have a "year round" shop for the first time.. Well, except for the big tools that are on the carport and don't get used much in the summer..
I try to pick an area at a time to go through, the lumber rack on a wall is the current project.. Oh.. and almost time to get the AC serviced..

I forget who came up with this idea on the wreck, but the guy said "every single time you walk in the shop, put away exactly 3 things before you leave", and in a very short time it's all straight again. I have tried it for a few years now, and it really works....
Remember...just 3 things every time.....

On 3/9/11 2:04 PM, Pat Barber wrote:

But what if I take out 4 every time? :-)
--

-MIKE-

On 3/9/2011 3:04 PM, Pat Barber wrote:

What if it is so cold you can not touch any thing metal?

Put some gloves on?
--
Stuart Winsor

Midland RISC OS show - Sat July 9th 2011
"k-nuttle" wrote in message

Veritas Unheated Shop Cleanup Gloves--$49.95 right-handed, $59.95 left-handed.
keith snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net says...

Gloves?

Most of my tools with metal on them also have non-metallic parts I can use to hold and handle them. Guess I just gotta leave the clamps out. (They usually get put back with a reasonable amount of frequency, though, as they tend to get in the way.)
Puckdropper
wrote in message

I experience the same thing. When the shop is a mess I find it hard to get motivated to do any work. Now that I've put the bins of Christmas decorations back in the attic and otherwise straightened up it the bench is calling to me. Got to get going on those new CD library shelf units, SWMBO has given the okay to go right to the ceiling with the new ones so we don't run out of room in no time.