Melamine Table Blanks?

Hi, I am looking for a 28" x 36" or so outfeed melamine table blank. Any idea where I could order one? I am going to use it as my table saw outfeed table with my incra TS. I already have the hardware kit from woodpecker, but they don't sell the table blanks.
I already check rockler and woodpecker.
Help would be appreciated. Joe
Let me get this straight. You've obviously got a table saw (since you're buildin an outfeed table for it). You need a melamine piece cut to 28"x36". My first thought is to head down to Home Despot, buy a sheet of melamine, and cut it to the right size. You'll probably spend less on the full sheet than you would on some pre-cut blank that needs to get shipped to you.
Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?
Clint

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?
I don't have a problem. I was just giving you a suggestion about where you could get your table top. Woodpecker and Rockler probably don't sell the table tops because it's too expensive to ship a $5.00 piece of wood, and they figure most people who need a table saw outfeed table would probably rather make their own given the cost.
Perhaps you can contact a local cabinet maker to get them to cut a table top for you? Then you can pay them extra $$$ so you don't have to take the extra 15 minutes it takes to cut a piece of melamine down to size. Of course, you'll have to go drive to pick it up. Oh, but you have more money than time, so maybe you can just pay them to drop it off to your shop...
Clint

Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 11:18pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.non (Clint) says: I don't have a problem. <snip>
I agree.
Perhaps you can contact a local cabinet maker to get them to cut a table top for you? <snip>
I wouldn't have told him. He should have been capable of figuring that out on his own - unless his time is too valuable to think?
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death
Actually, I know what the OP's problem is. According to the rules of the wreck, for every new project, there must be a tool purchase. And for creating a table-top out of melamine, if the OP already has a table saw, there's really no tool that's can be justified. So how can he undertake the project? Perhaps the justification of a WWII blade or something would appease the WW gods? Or a edge-bander to finish the edges? Surely there must be some tool required for this task? JOAT, I leave this in your capable hands to determine what the appropriate sacrifice/purchase would be.
:)
Clint (who's now feeling a little bad for starting a thread-slam)
(Clint) says:

Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 2:44pm snipped-for-privacy@kokomo.com (JoeBlow) claims: My time is more valuable elsewhere. <snip>
Ah, meaning our time is less veluable than yours, so we should do your research for you?
Anyway, you would have spent less time by just buying a chunk, and cutting it, then you would getting an answer here, ordering, then waiting for it. So, obviously your time isn't so valuable after all.
However, if you still feel that your time is more valuable elsewhere, you should be willing to shell out compensation to those with "less valuable" time, for doing your work for you. In plainer words, what's in it for us? And, yeah, I have a solution, but I figure my "thinking time" is more valuable elsewhere.
JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED. - Death

I'll confess I had the same thought. Not sure why you'd think ordering one is less time consuming that asking your local BORG to cut one down to size for you... Unless, there's no BORG nearby or you're looking for one with the mitre slots already cut in, with the mounting hardware already drilled, etc.
What about asking a cabinet shop to order you a counter top just that size? Wouldn't that be the same thing?
apachetrail.com
--
Enjoy life and *do* well by it
-- it might well be the only chance you get :-)

Your time is to valuable to cut a piece of wood on the saw so you can cut a piece of wood on the saw. OK I understand.
I have a piece of it in my garage. I can cut it to size and ship it via UPS. Is white OK? $90 plus actual shipping costs.

That's just dripping with condescension.
But, being the guy I am, do you mind, sir, waiting till I gather all the pertinent data from my resources? Would you be so kind and give me a rough idea of your geographical location so I can serve you better? After all, MY time is worth fuck-all.
*Gasp*...I have said too much!
Buy the melamine from the Borg, then build a frame and legs to support it at the right height. Cut to whatever size you want. If you need grooves for miter bars to be able to move into that area, use a router to route out the grooves
John

Hi Joe
It's sacrilegious to ask where you can buy a certain piece of something (stop smirking) in a woodworking group.
We pride ourselves in making big pieces of something of an approximate but unknown size into smaller pieces of a somewhat known size.
That's woodworking!
Lou

I do no think Incra makes table saws.