Melamine Table Blanks?

Hi, I am looking for a 28" x 36" or so outfeed melamine table blank. Any idea where I could order one? I am going to use it as my table saw outfeed table with my incra TS. I already have the hardware kit from woodpecker, but they don't sell the table blanks.

I already check rockler and woodpecker.

Help would be appreciated. Joe

Reply to
Joe Blow

Let me get this straight. You've obviously got a table saw (since you're buildin an outfeed table for it). You need a melamine piece cut to 28"x36". My first thought is to head down to Home Despot, buy a sheet of melamine, and cut it to the right size. You'll probably spend less on the full sheet than you would on some pre-cut blank that needs to get shipped to you.

Maybe I'm just not seeing what the problem is?

Clint

Reply to
Clint

My time is more valuable elsewhere. What is your problem? Hmm?

Reply to
Joe Blow

Buy the melamine from the Borg, then build a frame and legs to support it at the right height. Cut to whatever size you want. If you need grooves for miter bars to be able to move into that area, use a router to route out the grooves

John

Reply to
John

I don't have a problem. I was just giving you a suggestion about where you could get your table top. Woodpecker and Rockler probably don't sell the table tops because it's too expensive to ship a $5.00 piece of wood, and they figure most people who need a table saw outfeed table would probably rather make their own given the cost.

Perhaps you can contact a local cabinet maker to get them to cut a table top for you? Then you can pay them extra $$$ so you don't have to take the extra 15 minutes it takes to cut a piece of melamine down to size. Of course, you'll have to go drive to pick it up. Oh, but you have more money than time, so maybe you can just pay them to drop it off to your shop...

Reply to
Clint

Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 2:44pm snipped-for-privacy@kokomo.com (Joe=A0Blow) claims: My time is more valuable elsewhere.

Ah, meaning our time is less veluable than yours, so we should do your research for you?

Anyway, you would have spent less time by just buying a chunk, and cutting it, then you would getting an answer here, ordering, then waiting for it. So, obviously your time isn't so valuable after all.

However, if you still feel that your time is more valuable elsewhere, you should be willing to shell out compensation to those with "less valuable" time, for doing your work for you. In plainer words, what's in it for us? And, yeah, I have a solution, but I figure my "thinking time" is more valuable elsewhere.

JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.

- Death

Reply to
J T

I'll confess I had the same thought. Not sure why you'd think ordering one is less time consuming that asking your local BORG to cut one down to size for you... Unless, there's no BORG nearby or you're looking for one with the mitre slots already cut in, with the mounting hardware already drilled, etc.

What about asking a cabinet shop to order you a counter top just that size? Wouldn't that be the same thing?

Reply to
patrick conroy

Ain't none 'tall... we like that bright white shiny stuff (in sombody else's place) so we'll do it to it for you since your time is worthless -- err... I meant invaluable.

Your Price:

Six-hundred-seventy-five-dollars-&ninety-five-cents -- (plus Shipping & Handling of $17.88 per installment of nine installments) completes payment.

Item will ship sometime within seven months of your final payment clearing our bank; God Willing & The Creek Don't Rise -- but migosh the Salt River has WATER in it right now!@!@!!.

It'll even be cut to your spec size (if your sumbit a scale plan drawing with the installment panment of Three Hundred (non-refundable) Dollars).

Inquire to sns @-you-figure-the-spam-block-part-out apachetrail.com

Reply to
Steve

Tue, Jan 4, 2005, 11:18pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.non (Clint) says: I don't have a problem.

I agree.

Perhaps you can contact a local cabinet maker to get them to cut a table top for you?

I wouldn't have told him. He should have been capable of figuring that out on his own - unless his time is too valuable to think?

JOAT EVERY THING THAT HAPPENS STAYS HAPPENED.

- Death

Reply to
J T

Hi Joe

It's sacrilegious to ask where you can buy a certain piece of something (stop smirking) in a woodworking group.

We pride ourselves in making big pieces of something of an approximate but unknown size into smaller pieces of a somewhat known size.

That's woodworking!

Lou

Reply to
loutent

Actually, I know what the OP's problem is. According to the rules of the wreck, for every new project, there must be a tool purchase. And for creating a table-top out of melamine, if the OP already has a table saw, there's really no tool that's can be justified. So how can he undertake the project? Perhaps the justification of a WWII blade or something would appease the WW gods? Or a edge-bander to finish the edges? Surely there must be some tool required for this task? JOAT, I leave this in your capable hands to determine what the appropriate sacrifice/purchase would be.

:)

Cl> I don't have a problem.

Reply to
Clint

Your time is to valuable to cut a piece of wood on the saw so you can cut a piece of wood on the saw. OK I understand.

I have a piece of it in my garage. I can cut it to size and ship it via UPS. Is white OK? $90 plus actual shipping costs.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

That's just dripping with condescension.

But, being the guy I am, do you mind, sir, waiting till I gather all the pertinent data from my resources? Would you be so kind and give me a rough idea of your geographical location so I can serve you better? After all, MY time is worth f*ck-all.

*Gasp*...I have said too much!
Reply to
Robatoy

I do no think Incra makes table saws.