Melamine sheets?

Is it possible to purchase melamine sheets like the kind used for shelving in widths greater than 11 7/8"? I asked at my local HD and Lowes, and building supply companies with no success, both bigbox places said it was not manufactured any larger than shelving width.
Cheers
In the past I have purchased melamine coated particle board in 2 x 4 foot and 4 x 8 foot sheets, actually the 4 x 8 foot sheets are 49" x 97" in size to account for the chipping that can occur on the edges with handling.

I have purchased some at the big blue box that was 16 inches, I use it for radial arm saw tops. That doesn't answer your question, 16 inches is still shelving width.
Basilisk

BS
I've bought it at either Big Blue or Big Orange in a 49 x 97 sheet, I just don't remember which one.
I've also been told by tarts at HD "they don't make 2x4s anymore"...

Uh, they have 4' by 8' sheets of the stuff at my local Lowe's. I assume you mean melamine already bonded to chipcore. White Formica would come in big sheets if you are looking to adhere something to an already constructed piece.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.
Most Home Depot's and some Lowes carry 4x8 sheets of melamine.
In most larger towns, there will also be a professional cabinet builder supply that will carry the larger sheets.
Melamine has fell from favor in cabinets and has become harder to find.
Be aware that a 4x8 sheet of melamine is VERY heavy and very slick and difficult to deal with.
It will require a high count(80+ tooth) blade for chip free cuts.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Home Depot sells it in 49" x 97" sheets. Doubtless, the droids working on the aisle where they sell shelving are completely unaware of this, but if you just walk over to the lumber department where they keep the plywood, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.
RE: Subject
IMHO, much too stiff for a roll in the hay.
Lew

Not to mention too slick.
Doug Miller wrote:

It cleans up well.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Yes.
Funny! My Home Depot and Lowes stores STOCK 4x8 melamine sheets! <G>

My local HD store was getting rid of them at $6 a 4x8 sheet. I should have bought more, but I was limited by my storage options. Menards still has them at $36 a 4x8 sheet.
Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as some
writers are incorrigible.