Melamine Blade

Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm looking at the one on Lee Valley's site which is in my price range. Anything else I should be looking at? Experiences?

tia,

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

Get a Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means both the top and bottom will be chip free. Amazing blade. don't get the Freud the Borg sells.

Dave

Reply to
David

David,

Looked into your request. International tools has the non-teflon coated on sale for $40 which seems like an almost gloatable deal. Did you get the teflon or non-teflon. Would you recommend this purchase? I think the two are identical except for the coating.

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

beg pardon, I looked into your *recommendation*..... I really shouldn't type while doing anything else.... 8-(

Reply to
noonenparticular

:) that's ok. I've made more typos than the average bear. and also substituted homonyms. I think I posted the part number recently. I'll see if i can find it and get back to you in a few minutes.

Dave

Reply to
David

"Industrial - Item No. LU97R010" - that's the part number

Reply to
David

Freud Industrial double sided melamine blade. "double sided" means

That's what I'll go with. Thanks for the help.

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular

I got the Forrest Hi-AT/B blade (Lee Valley sells it). Pricey, but I have to admit it does an incredible job. Zero tearout as far as I can tell, ready to glue edges.

no> Does anyone have recommendations for a 10" TS blade for melamine. I'm

Reply to
tabergman

I agree, you can rarely go wrong with a Forrest, but that's a little out of my price range for the amount of work I'll be doing with it.

Thanks for the recommendation.

jc

Reply to
noonenparticular