Megaflow Cl170

I have been asked to move a radiator in a friend house. They have a megaflow cl170 But am unsure of which valve i need to close so i can drain the heating system.
Thanks
--
TRAINEE

On Wed, 3 May 2006 00:03:23 +0100, TRAINEE

The correct one?
Why would woodworkers know? <G>

Because we know everything....;-)
It's either the one on the left or the right, depending on whether your facing north or south. But if your facing east or west, then you can't get there from here and will need to call a plumber. But if he's either far-right or far-left politically oriented, then you're totally out of luck and will need a priest - or is that a Rabbi ? Can't remember so I guess your best bet is to go to a plumbing newsgroup (which I doubt there is) or ......
Go here.... http://www.gwsupplies.co.uk/plumbing/product.info.php?2576
Usually the inlet water (cold water) is the one you need to turn off and depending on your local codes, it should be near the water heater. This is made in the UK so I have no idea of what the codes are but judging from where the water connections are on the tank - they are not like US at all. They should certainly be marked. I would guess the blue one is the cold water inlet connector and the other two are the hot-water drain and the connector for the house plumbing.
Maybe you can search the web site and see if they have a manual.
Bob S.

Right up to here, this is the best possible answer and it is absolutely correct. If the highly technical jargon used above is beyond you, don't touch anything without the express instruction from an on-site hot water/steam heating guy, who will tell what you can or cannot touch/move or even look at without a union card. And Don Luigi (AKA hitman Louie Two Toes) runs the union. Show some respect.
Pete