Mechanics toolchest for woodshop ?

Page 2 of 2

Try:
http://www.gerstnerusa.com /

You might check out Harbor Freight.
I use an old steelcase check cabinet that works well for tools. Got it for $10 when my wife's company was updating their office.
RonT

I'm with ya there. I have a collection of old 2 and 4 drawer Steelcase or equivalent filing cabinets scattered around the basement and the shop. The have loads of room, and can really take a beating. One holds the hammer drill, jigsaw, circular saw, another one has all the fasteners, a drawer here for electrical boxes and wiring stuff, one there for shopvad hoses and attachments... Keeps stuff dust-free and easy to find. I have an el-cheapo mechanic's tool box which I find perfect for drill bits, measuring and marking do-dads, and planes and chisels that I want to keep protected.
--
Bob

Travel and Astronomy Photos

These are great for portable tools. I remove the hangers and etc and have two 4 drawer file cabinets full of sanders, drills, saws, air tools, paint guns and etc.. Rob Mills
PS, Don't get the newer el-cheapo flimsy ones, they won't hold the load. Also you can remove the lock and take it to any lock shop to have it re-keyed if needed. I had both of mine keyed the same.
Wed, Oct 26, 2005, 3:45pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@nospam.net (Folklore) asketh: Can anyone recommend a good mechanics tool chest (roller base & upper) that can tolerate being in an often dusty woodshop? <snip>
Nope. I figure a mechanics tool chest is for mechanics tools. For woodworking, I'd make a wood tool chest, it ain't rocket science. I doubit I'd use slides in it either.
JOAT If it ain't broke, don't lend it. - Red Green

Ain't dat da truth, I have sat aside a "special" circular saw, saber saw and elect drill+bits just for lending. What can I say, I'm just a good ol boy. RM~