Mechanical Aptitude Test

Page 4 of 4
410 -- not bad for a ex-computer weenie
The one useful thing I got from an education degree was an understanding of testing theory. These guys made the same mistake you see on every standardized test: only ONE selection can be true. Corollary: "All of the above" should never be used. If "All of the above is correct", then all of the other answers are also correct. The test designers try to get out of this by saying, "Choose the most correct answer". But this is equivalent to saying, "Choose the most pregnant woman". An answer is either correct or not.
OK, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.
--
Steve B.
New Life Home Improvement

One of the more interesting challenges that's been posted!
I scored 460.
John

Leif

Please, if we can't see the answer sheet, don't recommend the test.
I went and took it, got 400, but was disappointed in not having an opportunity to know which questions i got "right" according to thier proctor.
Reading the responses here, it would appear that I share some of "folk's" concerns relative to the design of the test.
I hate to count gear teeth (they could have done that for us with labels.
I should have eaten breakfast instead

You can see the answer sheet. Read the past posts; there are at least two ways to do so. Of course, finding them is part of the test ;-)
DJ Delorie wrote:

That was my EXACT thought. <G>
"Men in Black" style...

There's a "review" button at the end. Not especially obvious, but it's there.
--
Regards,
snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in

If you found the review button, add 10 points to your score. :-)
Puckdropper

Look harder next time. Sounds like your frustration caused you to miss the small clickable link that brought up the answer sheet.

ibid.
Yep. Same with me... But it wasn't a "real" test so I'm not going to gripe about it too much.

And they could have put the ratio below the gears too... I think being able to properly count is part of the test IMHO.

I guess that all depends on what you would have eaten...
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
Joe AutoDrill wrote:

WoodWizzard wrote:

Wow! Sorry, but had to brag a bit here. No schooling in any of this, except a bit in electricity. I got 440! WTF? Sure didn't expect that!
Harvey

Yawn. 480
Both the ones I missed are written so badly that it is very arguable as to what the right answer is..