measuring BS tension with a micrometer?

I would have thought that an old musician like you would have used the "tuning fork method".

You can look it up.

When it first came out it didn't make a lot of sense for guys who couldn't hear different notes, but in an age where a tuning checker can be had for twenty bucks it might make sense to tune a bandsaw blade according to the note it makes when plucked.

Regards,

Tom Watson

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

Tom Watson

I've "plucked" on it for years, hell even executed a mean harp gliss on the damn thing a time or two, but the old tension spring was shot to hell, so even under full compression it was about 1/5th of the needed compression for the size blade ... basically it would pluck the same old tune, but more than a few octaves too low.

What a difference with the new tension spring ... now it really sings. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

mac davis