Me and my lathe

I've turned a couple of small bowls with my new (to me) lathe and it's really a kick. Both turned out OK -- not worth showing to anyone who knows anything about turning, but SWMBO was impressed. Watched a lot of youtube videos and read some how-tos, but none really showed the trickiest part -- how to present the bowl gouge to the piece. A lot of trial and error, but I seem to be making progress. A few more "training" pieces and then I am going to tackle a nice piece of 2x8x8 spalted maple that's been sitting in the shop calling my name.

Larry

Reply to
Gramp's shop