MDO finishing

I have built some cabinets out of MDO and tested poly on the bottom of one cabinet to test the look. Result - the look is inconsistent, probably due to the underlying resin paper.
I saw another post where a guy was using a mix of tung oil and poly (4 coats) on MDF to get an even dark finish. Anyone have any personal experience using this mix on MDO versus MDF, and the recipe for same? Any thoughts on using this approach on MDO versus simply priming and painting? .

Unlikely to be much different than your experience with straight poly. The oil isn't going to soak in to the MDO like it would with MDF. Paint it.
-Jack