MDF question

I have never used MDF and was wondering if regular wood glue will hold MDF?
I use it all the time. Have never had a problem. Titebond regular (not Type II which I've never tried) works like a charm. My favorite for kitchen cabinets and bookcase/cabinet drawers is MDF 1/2" sidewalls with 1/4" dado slot around the bottom. Rabbet sides at front corner and 1/2" in from back end 1/2" wide for front and back sides. Glue together, then add a solid hardwood front over the MDF front. I also glue the 1/4" hardboard bottom to the sides when assembling, and cut everything so there's no air space in any of the connections. Makes a very sturdy drawer.
Coat it with a polyurethane clear finish and add Accuride (or imported copy of Accuride) full-extension slides. Slope the slides 1/4" down front to rear for a nice self-closing feature.
CE
Rob wrote:

Titebond or any other quality aliphatic resin glue will work with MDF. But since you didn't mention the application, I would advise using some mechanical fastener along with the glue. Proper fastener usage may include having to pre-drill for screws designed for MDF type materials.
Look here:
http://www.lungster.com/l/speakers/mdffaq/mdf.html http://www.plumcreek.com/products/mdf/apply.cfm http://www.plumcreek.com/products/mdf/fastening.cfm
these pages should get you started.
Philski
Rob wrote:

I face laminated some pieces to make the base for An Ultimate Router Table. The glue appears to have seeped into the MDF an 1/8" each side of the glue line making for a rather homogeneous little 4 1/2" thick glue up.
UA100
I've use Titebond II on MDF with great results. Make sure you've got everything situated just perfectly before clamping your pieces together though, because there's no undoing it once the glue has been on for a little while (though this goes for real wood as well).
Whiteside offers some router bits that are designed to make "raised panel look" cabinet doors from MDF. I've never used them and don't really have a need to but if you want something you can throw together quickly and plan to paint this seems like it might do the trick.
http://www.whitesiderouterbits.com/catalog/CatalogHome.asp
You use one bit to make the raised panel look and another bit to shape the inside edges of the "rails and stiles". You can select from several different combinations of bits. I don't think I've seen these with any other manufacturer. I wonder if they sell any of them.
Bruce Redding, Ca.
Most router bit companies make a "similar" bit to these. I know Freud does...