MDF edge-priming revisited.

Yes, kiddies, I remembered to look up, ,as promised, what we have been using to fill/prime the edges of MDF, prior to painting.

This would be the stuff:

automotive product.

(Here in Canuckistan, we call it Green Stuff..(that's because it is red.)

Robatoy

Yes, auto (or marine) glazing compounds work wonderfully for smoothing or filling minor dings. Trouble is, they are expensive so - as homage to my Scottish ancestry - I make my own by mixing talc with lacquer to the consistency I want (somewhere between peanut butter and vaseline). It spreads easily, sands slick as a whistle. I keep it in a lidded can but the lacquer solvent still evaporates slowly so I just add thinner to reconstitute.

Reply to
dadiOH

sheet mentions talc.

I'll have to give that a try. Thanks!

Reply to
Robatoy

Actually, you can use any fine powder. Talc is good because it is non-absorptive.

Reply to
dadiOH

And here I thought you had forgotten us. ;^)

Makes perfect sense to me!

(humming... Blame Canada, blame Canada!) Jusssst kidding....

Thanks for the follow up.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Hell, it even says so in the MSD sheet...*smirks*

Reply to
Robatoy