MDF

Are familiar with Hardy board? Fiber cement that comes in standard 1x sizes. Does not rot, ever.

Reply to
Leon

Here's everything you'd ever want to know about artificial wood products:

John Kucera

Dark brown strikes me as hardboard (aka Masonite, aka High Density Fiberboard). They make a really water resistant version, but plain ol' hardboard is plenty resistant for me.

I made our kid's playhouse out of 1/4" hardboard, albeit painted, but it stayed outdoors (rain, snow) for a couple of years without much sign of wetting.

1/2" is odd. The thickest hardboard I've seen is 1/4".

All the MDF I've seen is light brown .. tan.

Reply to
mttt

ya it it is tan, it was dark brown after being in the water :c)

I was at KENT today and I saw some that was on the grenish color..

Christian

Reply to
Christian Charette