McFeely screws

I was privileged to attend the 18th Century Furniture Conference at Williamsburg last January. There was a bag of gifts for the participants. The gift package included several pounds of square drive screws. That package was all I brought home that was in the bag. I think the screws got TSA's attention, because my suitcase had been inspected thoroughly. <G>
I don't use many screws in my work, but recently I had occasion to use some of the screws. They were a gift from McFeely's. The screws are of very high quality and I will tell you worth ordering when you need fasteners.
Thanks McFeely's. The best gift bag I've ever received.

I discovered the McFeely square drive screws several years ago. I use them often. Previously, I had used those Spax screws but McFeely has them beat. Larry
--
Columbia, MO
www.llhote.com
wrote in message

Stuff of that quality makes it fun to use. You just know that you're not going to twist off the head. Even though they were invented up here in Kanuckistan, nobody here makes them that well.... at least not that I'm aware of.

Um,,, I don't think it is any secret that McFeeleys screw's in many cases, are imports. Again, specifications and standards are what make a product good, not the country of origin.
Leon wrote:

McFeeley's often mentions the fact that hardware is imported in the catalog. Statements similar to "coated just enough to protect them on the journey across the Pacific", or some similar wording, did it for me. <G>
Regardless of origin, I've never been disappointed with McFeeley's screws. They are head and shoulders above anything I can get in a local hardware store or home center.
Barry
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:08:00 GMT, B a r r y

So, should their slogan be "the place to come when you want a good screw"? lol
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Thanks Lowell. We get requests all the time for charity and promotional opportunities such as the Williamsburg event. I can't remember ever getting a thank-you from one of the participants. My hats off to you for starting my day off right!
Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws www.mcfeelys.com

some
high

Thank you!!!

Jim... I find it pleasing that you monitor the wRECk, and that you responded so quickly...
Your company does make a quality product that I enjoy using... and the idea of having the company on the wRECk to answer questions, etc. is awesome.. thanks!
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
Thanks for the kind words. I respond a lot faster during the week than I do on the weekends. Lots of DIY projects, and no computer hookups in the shop, or out in the yard where I generally spend my weekends.
Jim Ray, President McFeely's Square Drive Screws www.mcfeelys.com
wrote:

getting
my
idea of

thanks!

Good for you discovering this Lowell. Square drive screws are very nice to use. that said however not all square drive screws are created equally. You can rest assured that McFeeleys does indeed have the higher quality square drive screws. You will also find that these High quality screws from McFeeleys are quite often cheaper than you can find at any home improvement center.

I've used the Kreg pocket screw jig for some time and used their screws. McFeelys offer a much wider variety than I had seen previously. I definitely will be using them in the future.

some
high
Welcome to the McFeely's family. You won't be using anything else for the work you treasure.
Lowell Holmes wrote:

Good company, service, and product. I've been a happy McF customer for a couple years now.     j4