McFeely's

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@snetnospam.net says...

Geez. They did away with tolls because of the congestion they caused, now they're trying to put them back? Idiots.
says...

It will use the EZ Pass system. You don't even have to slow down now. If you don't have a pass, they bill you from the plate number on the car. They are talking about 8 border locations on 95, 91, 84, 395 and a few others.
snipped-for-privacy@snetnospam.net says...

Are they going to clearly mark where the tolls are collected and the amounts and have "last exit before toll" signs? Or are people just going to get a surprise bill in the mail?

I've not read any details, but I'm sure they will be well marked. The system is in use on the Garden State Parkway and on Rt 95 going through New Hampshire.
I don't mind paying a fair tax or toll since I do use the roads. What I do mind is that many of us in border towns will be paying either nothing, because we use the side roads, or a much larger portion since we cross the border frequently. The lawmakers that travel from home to Hartford will pay nothing, but I would have to pay about $1200 a year.
The toll will be in one direction only so I can cross coming home, but will have to circumvent on the way to work or for some shopping and doctor visits. The side roads will be much more congested with the toll dodgers and they are not built for the heavy traffic.
BTW, near work, gas is $3.59 and pumped for you. Near home it is 3.97 today for self service.
On 7/4/2011 9:42 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Few teachers capable of teaching them ... the inmates are in charge of that asylum.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

un-patriotic. Who would run the presidency, congress, and supreme court if there were no lawyers?
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

I'd like to see a Constitutional Amendment to the effect that a person may be required to file with the government one form each year, consisting of a single page, and may be required to file no other form, and that if government tells him he must file more than one form he gets to decide which form to file.
Also that the sum total of all taxes and other mandatory transfers of funds to the government or to government sponsored programs, direct and indirect paid by any person in any given year may not exceed ten percent of his income and if the government provides him with bills for more than that amount he gets to decide which to pay up to the 10 percent limit.
And that no person may be arrested, detained, annoyed, spoken to harshly, glared at, or otherwise in any manner be pestered by the government for lack of any government-mandated form, certificate, license, unpaid tax or anything else having to do with government requirements as long as he has (a) filed his one form and (b) paid his 10 percent tax.
And that "deceased violated the above paragraph" be an affirmative defense in cases involving homicide of a government official.
On 7/03/11 10:22 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

utopia. :-)
--
Froz...

You lucky b******s, if you were in the UK you'd be paying TWENTY PERCENT, yes 20%!
--
Stuart Winsor

Midland RISC OS show - Sat July 9th 2011

and the number of royals supported? Art
Stuart wrote the following:

Well, we only pay taxes to the government. Our celebrities earn their own money.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 7/2/2011 12:29 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

That's almost as much as Exxon makes on a gallon of gas....
--
Jack
@comsouth.net says...

Dunno how McFeelys is set up, but I do know that FedEx will (for a price) store your inventory in their warehouse, which might not be near where your business office is located. I suspect that UPS will do the same.
On 6/30/2011 6:47 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:

Because they shipped from South Carolina. I'm in Hampton, GA and I get 1 day turnaround too.
Mike
When shipping several thousand pounds of Metal targets - I went FED-EX Ground. Two pallets - (my truck would only tote one at a time).
They went by truck from Deep East Texas -200 miles to Houston. Air from there to DC. Truck from DC to the local mountain range.
UPS has planes also. Likely went by train to Chicago and out on an cargo plane.
They work 24/7. Track one - see that at 3 am it gets somewhere and is clocked in... and then it is clocked out...
Martin