MBAND1414200

Has anyone had a look at the Lauguna MBAND1414200 bandsaw? I was wondering how it stacked up against other, but similar capability Laguna bandsaws?
On 2/20/2012 11:47 PM, Dave wrote:

It has the features that I would be looking for, 10 point ceramic guide system, and 220 volt. While probably not Italian like the HD series that would probably not be a problem in most cases. The HD series is pretty stout with 4.5+ motors This one with 3hp should be plenty for most all normal/average cutting. You can put a 1" blade on it, and it does have a quick release for the blade, although some saws like the early Rikon 18" also had the quick release it was not a total release, it only eased the tension. The upper end HD series don't have a quick release at all.
I will say however that the guides appear to be adjusted with a hex wrench, the HD series uses a combination of hex and thumb screws on the actual ceramic part of the guides. You really don't need to adjust the height of the bottom guides that much.