MBAND1414200

Has anyone had a look at the Lauguna MBAND1414200 bandsaw? I was wondering how it stacked up against other, but similar capability Laguna bandsaws?

Reply to
Dave

It has the features that I would be looking for, 10 point ceramic guide system, and 220 volt. While probably not Italian like the HD series that would probably not be a problem in most cases. The HD series is pretty stout with 4.5+ motors This one with 3hp should be plenty for most all normal/average cutting. You can put a 1" blade on it, and it does have a quick release for the blade, although some saws like the early Rikon 18" also had the quick release it was not a total release, it only eased the tension. The upper end HD series don't have a quick release at all.

I will say however that the guides appear to be adjusted with a hex wrench, the HD series uses a combination of hex and thumb screws on the actual ceramic part of the guides. You really don't need to adjust the height of the bottom guides that much.

Reply to
Leon