Maybe it escapes only me: strop on wood block cost

Shaving using a straight razor is still a part of the training at the Ohio State College of Barber Styling (Broad St near Hamilton Rd). I've watched many shaves while having my hair cut, haven't seen any blood yet. For myself, a Norelco works fine; I know I can survive a bad student haircut, but a bad shave??

Reply to
lwhaley

My 85-year old dad has a lady come in every week to give him a trim and a 'real shave'. She uses a straight razor-that has be difficult with all those wrinkles on his face. The rest of the time he uses a Philishave.

Reply to
Robatoy

Not likely at all......there is no political gain to be had for under reporting.....an oft cited complaint from the "anti Iraq war for any reason crowd" has been not enough troops......Why they would want "more targets" and why they wouldn't want the Iraq's themselves to assume their own security is another argument in itself.

Your observation reminds me of a long ago story.....as Nixon drew the Vietnam troops from around 550,000 to nearly 125,000 this guy I argued with just knew it was all a lie because he had seen more troops landing in Vietnam than had been shipping out....personal observation is fraught with error (history readily proves the guy was wrong) . If you understood military procurement, after our troops are finally home you will find warehouses full of many "must have today" products including yours......Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

Reply to
George Shouse

If you understood military procurement you would be institutionalized.

I think the little Iraqi hoodlums are breaking the antennas off and "tagging" the vehicles with spray paint. A behavior resulting from a "cultural" import of Z-movies.

Reply to
George

Well, I hope that's the case- I'd rather be making things to sit in a warehouse than to get blown apart as fast as they can be installed.

Reply to
Prometheus

A quick sanity check would indicate that there is no way the military could be buying several thousand HMMWV's weekly. As others have pointed out, most likely these are the kinds of things easily damaged either deliberately or in the normal activities in a war zone. Not farfetched to realize that a vehicle doesn't have to be totaled to require antenna or computer mount repairs.

Mark & Juanita