Maybe a tool gloat

Page 1 of 3
A friend of mine was the local sales rep for a well known pneumatic tool company. He supplied Norm and TOH with lots free samples and was invited to several TOH parties. My friend gave me the pneumatic crown stapler that Norm used on many TOH episodes.
Does this qualify as a gloat or just a nice conversation piece?

you going to have it bronzed? ;-)
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"SteveC1280" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comremove> wrote in message
I once stood in line in a bank where Donnie Osmand was in front of me. Does this qualify?????
NO I didn't ask for his autograph...
--
Rumpty

Rumpty notes:

I once sat in a small airport (Roanoke, IIRC) and drank coffee next to Rick Nelson. I didn't know who he was until my now ex-wife told me. She was all atwitter when it struck her, but by that time her plane was loading.
Charlie Self "All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure." Mark Twain http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/myhomepage/business.html
I once had beers with Evil Kneivel(sp?) at a bar.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

"Charlie Self" < snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme> wrote in message
I played flag football with Rosie Greer once when I was a kid.

I got drunk backstage with Commander Cody and the rest of the Lost Planet Airmen (Hot Rod Lincoln)
Glen

As a little boy, I was eating cookies on the WhiteHouse lawn during a Press Corp picnic (old man was a journalist), and Lyndon Johnson's 2 beagles jumped up and grabbed my cookies. LBJ himself pulled them off.

By their ears, I would imagine.
LRod
Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999
http://www.woodbutcher.net
LOL!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04

"Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette do, do do, do do do do smoke, smoke, smoke until you smoke yourself to death"
Yeah, I remember CC&TLPA
Gloat: I had my picture taken with Avalon Anders of the Swedish Bikini Team. She was a true sweetie. The problem was that I had forgotten my camera and the nice receptionist had one in her car so she took the picture. She had forgotten to put film in it, so I came away with only a signed copy of the photo of the Playboy cover with the girls on it. sigh...
------------------------------------------ Do the voices in my head bother you? ------------------------------------------ http://diversify.com Full-Service Web Development
Charlie Self wrote:

I've been scuba diving with Stephen Stills and his son.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com

Most of the 'famous' musicians I've been involved with down through the years basically impressed me only with their obvious musical talent. However, I do have two entries in the "something to tell your grandkids" department. I sat across the aisle from, and had a lengthy conversation with, Mohammed Ali in the first class section of a nearly empty late night flight from Denver to Houston some years back and was verily impressed with the man himself. And George Foreman used to sit on the back of my pickup truck while I put shoes on his horses and would joke that he wouldn't want to fight me after seeing me wrestle with 1200 lb horses all day, especially when he found that I had once sparred one round with Cleveland Williams as part of a college boxing exhibition (he just played with me, gently, at about 1/10th speed). Both the former were/are true gentlemen in the finest sense and did not seem, in person, the "bigger than life" personas you read about.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 1/31/04
Cape Cod Bob wrote:

Scott.
ummm....back in the early early 70's, or maybe the late 60's, when I was just starting in radio....Wolfman Jack was in our radio station and did a stint on my show.....that was kinda cool. After that, some of the girls at school even talked to me!! :>)
Course he's dead now...wonder if it was my fault?
KK south central Idaho

The movie about Rick's life starts and ends with him in a conversation with a woman at a small airport just before he takes his last flight. That wasn't your (ex) wife was it?
;)
Dave Hall
On 02 Feb 2004 13:15:57 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comremove (SteveC1280) wrote:

I've had trouble identifying one of the staplers Norm has used on The New Yankee Workshop. Can you tell me what brand and model number it is? Can you send me a digital image of it?
I'm serious. See the Norm's Tools section of my website to see how serious.
Thanks.
And, nice score.