Maximum Dust Collection ductwork for Jet 2HP

I am trying to plan my workshop and am stumped as to where I should put my dust collector. I am thinking of buying a 2HP Jet system.
I am wondering what the maximum length of ductwork should be for a 2 HP system hooked up to eight tools but with traps.
I know the answer to this question varies by many variables, such as the type of ductwork, but I was wondering if there are any general known limits.
Don't worry about the length of duckwork. Most people only use one tool at a time anyway all the other traps are shut. Even with two traps open there is plenty of suction. Try to cut down on the flexible tubing used. PVC pipe works well because it is smooth inside.
Tim

Mark Brubaker wrote:

Mark, Have you found Bill Pentz's site? He'll give you quite an education.
http://billpentz.com/woodworking/cyclone/index.cfm
DonkeyHody "Give a hungry man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him to fish . . . and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."
You are right.. it varies, but a simple rule is to keep the runs as straight as possible.
Ex: A run of 30' can be done along one wall with several drops along the way.
A 2hp DC should provide plenty of pickup for just one tool at time.
I had a similar arrangement at one time using a Delta 1.5hp dc and it worked fine.
I would consider getting a "high performance bag" for the DC if at all possible.
See these folks.... http://www.americanfabricfilter.com/bags_wood.htm