Material; what to make?

My brother married a very nice Thai lady. He's made several trips there and back in the past few years. I always ask him to keep me in mind, and bring me back some wood. The last trip, he brought me about a dozen teak "shingles". They're about 1/4" thick and about 5" wide and 12" long. They have a rough surface on both sides, so will probably need to be finish sanded.
The question is: what to make from them? Is there something better than "Yet Another Box"? I've made plenty of YABs, of all different sizes and all different materials (none from teak yet, though...). I'd like to make something with a little more interest and challange this time.
On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 15:34:00 -0800, lektric dan wrote:

Plane them down, cut segments from them, glue the segments into a circle, and use for the base and rim of a bowl.

http://www.rockymountaindecor.com/product/roof-shingle-mirror-by-groovystuff
Bob S.

$380!!!! and !! Wow!
That and the bowl are both interesting suggestions. Thanks!
lektric dan wrote:

Is this your YOUNGER brother?
I recall a story about a Chinese woodworker who was baffled by a) disappearance of some of his expensive stock, and b) a child's footprints in the floor's sawdust.
Resolving to solve the mystery, he secreted himself one night beneath a workbench.
Sure enough, about midnight he heard a noise. The Chinaman jumped from his hiding place, flicked on the light, and was confronted with a SEVEN-FOOT TALL BEAR WITH TINY FEET, munching on a plank!
Thinking quickly, the woodworker blurted out: "Ah ha! I caught you, boyfoot bear with Teak of Chan!"
If this wasn't your brother, nevermind.
In article <749db180-f941-4eb2-b29f-
says...

You could try to engrave some plates with Thai motives or something like this:
http://www.fairtradegiftlist.co.uk/view_item.aspx?itemID 06 &categoryREF&000
----------------------------------- www.reliefartshop.muncom.com
--- ---

Teak, being mostly associated with its ability to withstand exposure to water leads me to think maybe some nice outdoor planter boxes. Leave then rough.
Maybe somthin like this http://au.alibaba.com/product-image/212049066-wooden-plant-pot.html