Material handling design ideas.

Whilst moving into my new building, I also expanded the shop's capability to deal with heavier and larger countertops.... and I have added Quartz to my repertoire. I only install the stuff, and a fabulous supplier/fabricator gives me exactly what I order. I e-mail him very precise .dwg drawings. (Back left corner is 89.3 degrees, that's what I get.) I am looking at buying a proper digitising template system.

But the stuff is some heavy... 20 pounds per square foot. Having chatted with a few old hands at the installation game, in quartz and granite, I learned that there are a lot of material handling toys around which reduce breakage of countertops and hired help.

I thought that a lot of Wreckers here could be inspired to make some of these carts and tables themselves. Morris Dovey, some time ago, posted links to a cart he had built, and a friend of mine is very happy with the results. A few dollies are hardly worth copying, they're cheap enough. (The shipping might kill that idea though, unless you're lucky enough to live close to a distributor.)

The people I have dealt with have been very helpful:

's their online store, just click on the Materials Handling button, and steal some good ideas.

Reply to
Robatoy