Master Workbench

My other half shared this one with me, so I could share with you.

Meet the Samurai Carpenter who makes a workbench for generations...

Casper

very pricey i am sure

thing with benches like that is that they are for doing high end stuff and usually that means someone that is very particular about their bench and would design their own

but still a nice bench and a good project

but that site is that site seems like you could get something

Electric Comet

Electric Comet was heard to mutter:

Nothing that lasts is cheap anymore. Not cheap in $$ or labor.

I am sure many would. But I know some who also love others designs.

Glad you like it.

Get something? You mean like a virus, trojan, etc,? Site page checked out clean on multiple levels. A benefit a computer security expert living under your roof.

I usually go post direct from YouTube but on occasion don't. Thanks for the direct link.

Reply to
Casper

very true

yeah there is also a 3 hour video of how he did it with all the details

which would be a good learning experience

it is just an assault on the senses more than anything not my kind of site

Reply to
Electric Comet

You continued lack of punctuation is an assault on ours.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Pretty darn cool. Unlike 90% of the Youtube videos he does know what he is doing.

Reply to
Leon

You could stop reading his crap until he buys a complete keyboard. Works for me.

Reply to
krw

-your-dr-1766456444

It's a good looking bench, but its not for me in my shop. since I have a 2- car garage size workshop, I wanted a bench that I could utilize not only th e top, but the bottom area as well. I built a workbench that has a lower s helf for plastic storage totes (16 each), a middle shelf for putting boards , and then the top, which is made from two sheets of 4x8 3/4" plywood. For a DIY person that has a lot of items (plumbing, electrical, paints/stains), the totes allow me to organize and store them under the workbench. The mi ddle shelf allows me to put a lot of scrap boards underneath as well. The workbench isn't fancy, but I'll take function over fashion anytime.

Reply to
rlz

Agree.

Despite watching this video and another called "the perfect joint", where Mr Samuri goes into much more detail on that cool sliding joint thingie, I still am not sure what that entire unit is. Is it merely a convenieunt sliding holder for a buncha "hold down clamps" or does it have an entirely unrelated purpose? ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

If you were talking about the front of the WB, the vertical piece with numerous adjustment holds, that is to hold one end of a panel with the other end of the panel held in the vise. The numerous holes are for adjusting a hold fast or dog to the height needed for the particular panel that you are working on.

If you go here and scroll down you can see it being used.

I cannot watch this video enough.

Leon

The light dawns!

Thank you. Those two videos answered questions I didn't even know to ask. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

The past decade it has been "the thing", particularly amongst interwebz wooddorkers, who do their wooddorking on a keyboard, to build a "Roubo Workbench".

Apparently this a necessary, fashionable requirement to join the elite, "iinterwebz keyboard wooddorker Guild", which has taken the place of that rabble in "THE Ultimate router table Club", as amongst the coolest of the cognoscenti.

Result is both the Neanders and Normites are spinning in their, analog, graves.

I agree that every woodwoorker should build his/her own workbench ... but one that fits what he/she does.

Anything else is sheer bullshitfoonerey. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

I was wanting a work bench of some type, with the vise and dog holes and then I got the Festool FMT3 with it's unique clamps and that desire has evaporated.

You and I have the ultimate router tables, store bought. LOL

Exactly

Reply to
Leon

Electric Comet was heard to mutter:

True

I can relate to that. Not mine normally either.

Reply to
Casper

Translation: KKKarl couldn't build a workbench of that caliber if his insolent ass depended on it. LOL

Talk about a textbook example of pompous bullshitfoonerey:

eWoodShop:

Wood Shop:
KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

You obviously stole your website design from this guy, right?

microaggressor