Master Workbench

My other half shared this one with me, so I could share with you.
Meet the Samurai Carpenter who makes a workbench for generations... http://sploid.gizmodo.com/watch-a-master-carpenter-build-the-workbench-of-your-dr-1766456444
On Wed, 23 Mar 2016 00:04:28 -0400

nice bench very pricey i am sure
thing with benches like that is that they are for doing high end stuff and usually that means someone that is very particular about their bench and would design their own
but still a nice bench and a good project
but that site is that site seems like you could get something

https://www.youtube.com/embed/FCuvdv8FO54

Nothing that lasts is cheap anymore. Not cheap in $$ or labor.

I am sure many would. But I know some who also love others designs.

Glad you like it.

Get something? You mean like a virus, trojan, etc,? Site page checked out clean on multiple levels. A benefit a computer security expert living under your roof.
I usually go post direct from YouTube but on occasion don't. Thanks for the direct link.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2016 11:28:54 -0400

very true

yeah there is also a 3 hour video of how he did it with all the details
which would be a good learning experience

it is just an assault on the senses more than anything not my kind of site
On 3/24/16 11:58 AM, Electric Comet wrote:

You continued lack of punctuation is an assault on ours.
--

-MIKE-

You could stop reading his crap until he buys a complete keyboard. Works for me.

True

I can relate to that. Not mine normally either.
On 3/22/2016 11:04 PM, Casper wrote:

Pretty darn cool. Unlike 90% of the Youtube videos he does know what he is doing.

Agree.
Despite watching this video and another called "the perfect joint", where Mr Samuri goes into much more detail on that cool sliding joint thingie, I still am not sure what that entire unit is. Is it merely a convenieunt sliding holder for a buncha "hold down clamps" or does it have an entirely unrelated purpose? ;)
nb
On 3/25/2016 8:46 AM, notbob wrote:

If you were talking about the front of the WB, the vertical piece with numerous adjustment holds, that is to hold one end of a panel with the other end of the panel held in the vise. The numerous holes are for adjusting a hold fast or dog to the height needed for the particular panel that you are working on.
If you go here and scroll down you can see it being used.
http://www.benchcrafted.com/str.html
I cannot watch this video enough.
https://vimeo.com/72096565

The light dawns!
Thank you. Those two videos answered questions I didn't even know to ask. ;)
nb
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 10:04:41 PM UTC-6, Casper wrote:

-your-dr-1766456444
It's a good looking bench, but its not for me in my shop. since I have a 2- car garage size workshop, I wanted a bench that I could utilize not only th e top, but the bottom area as well. I built a workbench that has a lower s helf for plastic storage totes (16 each), a middle shelf for putting boards , and then the top, which is made from two sheets of 4x8 3/4" plywood. For a DIY person that has a lot of items (plumbing, electrical, paints/stains), the totes allow me to organize and store them under the workbench. The mi ddle shelf allows me to put a lot of scrap boards underneath as well. The workbench isn't fancy, but I'll take function over fashion anytime.
On 3/25/2016 8:44 AM, rlz wrote:

Agree.
The past decade it has been "the thing", particularly amongst interwebz wooddorkers, who do their wooddorking on a keyboard, to build a "Roubo Workbench".
Apparently this a necessary, fashionable requirement to join the elite, "iinterwebz keyboard wooddorker Guild", which has taken the place of that rabble in "THE Ultimate router table Club", as amongst the coolest of the cognoscenti.
Result is both the Neanders and Normites are spinning in their, analog, graves.
I agree that every woodwoorker should build his/her own workbench ... but one that fits what he/she does.
Anything else is sheer bullshitfoonerey. ;)
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 3/25/2016 11:13 AM, Swingman wrote:

I was wanting a work bench of some type, with the vise and dog holes and then I got the Festool FMT3 with it's unique clamps and that desire has evaporated.

You and I have the ultimate router tables, store bought. LOL

Exactly

Translation: KKKarl couldn't build a workbench of that caliber if his insolent ass depended on it. LOL
Talk about a textbook example of pompous bullshitfoonerey:
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net https://www.google.com/+eWoodShop https://plus.google.com/+KarlCaillouet/posts http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/ KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)
You obviously stole your website design from this guy, right? http://goo.gl/aJQM5x