Mason and Sullivan Plans search.....

Back in the early 80's I started a Grandmother clock using Mason and Sullivan plans. I was looking at the clock the other day and decided I would like to complete it. Does anyone know where I can possibly find some copies of the old Mason and Sullivan plans? Are there any still in existance?
Jim P
I believe there is a clock news group. Baring that there are web pages.
Good luck with Google.com they seem to find things well.
Martin
Jim P wrote:

Martin
There are not any clock news groups. (only computer over-clocking) Google does not come up with much except the fact that they closed their doors years ago.
Jim P

I found this on houseclocks.com:
Mason & Sullivan had plans for most of their clocks. Woodcraft, which bought M&S (and essentially liquidated the company), has only one plan for the grandfather clock (and no doubt retains the copyright on the others). Woodcraft apparently has no intention of reproducing any other plans so they may effectively be lost. This is a list of the clock case plans from the 1987 Mason & Sullivan catalog showing the tremendous variety of clocks and plans the company had. Unless noted otherwise, plans were for mechanical movements. Steeple, Double Steeple, Massachusetts Shelf, Desk (quartz), Wall with Moving Moon Dial (quartz), Mini Tambour (quartz), Coachman's Regulator, Tambour, U.S. Lighthouse, Scroll, Railroad Regulator, School, Orleans Crystal Regulator, Williamstown Colonial Tall, Colonial Grandmother, Colonial Grandfather (this is the only one left at WoodCraft), Early American Grandmother, Classic Grandfather, Shaker Tall, Connecticut Cottage, Willard Banjo, Country Wall, Office Long Drop Regulator, Shaker Wall. 18th Century Boston Parlor, American Mantel, No 2 Regulator, Rose Octagon, Crystal Regulator, Eli Terry Pillar & Scroll, Calendar Regulator. Vienna Regulator, Schoolhouse Regulator, English gallery (quartz).
Just keep digging and make some phone calls to some places that come up in the Google searches. They appear to have been a big outfit so someone out there should be able to help
Larry C

Ran across this in a quick Google search... http://tinyurl.com/ctzczb Looks like the book is still available.
Larry
says...

And it might be in your local library...
London Ontario's library has one.
On Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 11:10:18 AM UTC-6, Larry wrote:

Alibris has it for $3.00

Thank you Larry
I appreciate your help.
Jim

I was Marketing VP at Mason & Sullivan in the early 1980s. They were, I think, the best of the clock kit companies.
M & S bought clock movements overseas and domestically. Most of the dials were made in-house, and many of the other metal parts were custom-made.
The wood parts were all M & S designs, although many of the designs were of course based on famous originals. The wood parts were all made either in-house or at a local (Cape Cod) millwork shop.
M & S sold whatever the customer wanted - from detailed plans through turnings and moldings through complete pre-cut wood kits right up to finished clocks. Their customers were primarily woodworking hobbyists and clock fanciers, although there were a surprising number of professional cabinetmakers as well - who found it cheaper and easier to build from kits than from scratch.
If Woodcraft doesn't have the plans available, you might try contacting the National Association of Watch and Clock Collectors. Many of the plans were bought by their members, and I'd bet that some of them still have the one you're looking for.
John Martin

[...]
Thank you very much John It is a step in the right direction.
Jim P

Jim P, I have a set of plans for a Mason & Sullivan grandmother clock (Plan # M-170) dated 1964. You can contact me at itsdark@msn if you still need a plan. Ed
On Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:09:31 PM UTC-5, Jim P SPAM wrote:

OK, just saw this post, yes, some 6 years later. Do have plans for the Grandmother Case Model 6612 if of any help at such a late date
Stephen
On Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:09:31 PM UTC-5, Jim P wrote:

l. Have not used them and do not know if the clock mechanism is still avail able. do you still have the clock mechanism and clock parts? if yes, I migh t buy from you the clock parts. If I can't find the clock, I will sell the plans. Herb b

FWIW, Jim asked in Feb, 2009. Hopefully he still visits here to see your reply.
On Thu, 24 Dec 2015 06:59:28 -0600, Leon wrote:

Must be that time again - I just spotted a response to an ancient post in another group :-).
--
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I have an Eli Terry Shelf Clock kit, still in the box but missing the movement. Does anyone know if there are any that would fit it, or would someone like to purchase the kit I have (with assembly instructions)?
snipped-for-privacy@cros.net wrote in

This question is not quite Electric Comet like in it's brevity, but it's unanswerable for lack of sufficient information.
Do you have the dial? Do you want an electric movement or a mechanical one? What are the dimensions for mounting the movement?
Assuming you want an electric movement, they are all much the same, and can be bought from dozens of vendors.
John