marquee refinishing

Hi,
After a google search i came up short on info regarding my project. I have an old mrquee display board that im trying to restore. The frame is made from pine, but was coated with an oak print plastic or vinyl veneer. I would like to know if there is a chemical I can use to remove that stuff. The link below shows a newer version of what im trying to restore.
http://www.specstoreserv.com/productchild.aspx?groupD47&imgD47.jpg&id