Marples *Yellow Split Proof Handle* Chisels

Anyone know of a good online retailer carrying the Marples Yellow Split Proof Chisels ?
On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 18:59:10 -0500, John Soto

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22Marples+chisel%22+split
should help...
--
Kenneth

Buy the Marples blue chips instead.

Why do you say that? According to Marples, they use t he same steel on both the blue wood and yellow plastic handles, and the latter are non-breakable.
Cape Cod Bob wrote: z

Blue chips don't have wood handles. It's some kind of slightly rubbery plastic stuff that's supposed to be virtually indestructible.
I've beaten the hell out of mine. I think they say they will withstand "a few blows with a hammer or unlimited blows with a mallet."
Mine too !Sharpen them hollow grind then you don't need a hammer to beat the hell out of them.

FOW wrote:

I chiseled out some 2.5" deep 3" square mortises in red oak. I bored out most of it, but there was a lot to clean up, and I had to use a mallet. (Not a hammer.)
I usually just use hand pressure though, and they're plenty sharp.