MARINER'S ASTROLABE

http://astrolabes.org/mariner.htm
I would imagine a large number of these were originally made with wood, so should be no problem with that. I can't wait to see what stupid remarks this thread will generate The last one sure got it's share. I don't plan on making one of these myself, I already know where I'm at, and how to get where I want to go to. But, have been thinking for quite awhile about making a wooden sextant.
JOAT A highbrow is a person educated beyond his intelligence. - Brander Matthews