Marine plywood question

It's been so long since I bought any marine plywood, that I'm sure the supplier landscape has changed dramatically. Back in the day, we had it shipped in as cheaply as possible, and that could take weeks or months. ;-) Waiting for empty space on the truck isn't an option now.
I'm sure many suppliers will ship, but is there anyone selling it within a days drive of Raleigh , NC?
Any favorite or reccomended suppliers no matter where they are?
Thanks in advance,
James
In Raleigh ???? nawwww(I used to live there)
Call one of the many boat guys in Morehead city and ask them about sources...
Here are two... that are far away from you...
http://www.worldpanel.com / and http://boulterplywood.com /
which both carry the "good stuff" it appears...
If you are talking about "marine grade" SYP plywood, those are NOT your guys...
J & K Tomalonis wrote:

the
had it

months. ;-)

within a

Try here: http://www.marine-plywood.us / I think they're 10 hours from you, but I bet it's worth the drive. I've been to the shop several times, great service. I haven't bought any marine ply from them yet, but I wouldn't hesitate when the time comes. The stuff on hand looked really good. Call/email and ask what's in stock. There should be plenty as there are always guys redoing their Lymans this time of year. Good luck, Sam (no affiliation yada,yada,yada)

I went there for the first time a couple of weeks ago. Good people. I'll be going there on Saturday to buy the lumber for my dining table.
The neatest thing about the shop is the table saw setup. They straightline wood for a small fee, and the way they do it is with a power feed table saw. To line up the cut, there's an incandescent light fixture with a string tied across it hanging from the ceiling of the shop over the saw. The shadow that the string casts is how they line up the board for straightlining. Pure freakin' genius.
-Phil Crow
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

bought
table.
of
I'll have to check that out next time I'm there. I was blown away by the HUUUGE RAS they used to cut the hickory I bought for my last project down to transportable lengths. I'm lucky to have some air dried common to use, but man, they sure got some nice clear straight stuff there! Sam
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:35:24 -0500, "J & K Tomalonis"

Chesapeake Light Craft sell Okume to BS1088 and are highly thought of. Their website is www.clcboats.com
Barry Lennox,
Usual PC disclaimers apply, I don't own the place,etc, actually have never even purchased anything off them.
Try www.anchorhardwoods.com . Its in Wilmington a couple hrs away.

anyone selling it within a