Marijuana

Page 1 of 2
Weed is now legal in Washington state and Colorado. Just in time for some very merry holidays.
"CW" wrote:

----------------------------------------------------- Only if the feds look the other way.
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"CW" wrote:

----------------------------------------------------- Only if the feds look the other way.
Lew ==================================================================================We'll see. Someone had to do it.
Friend,all type of drugs are also used in medicines to provide rest and make the person tranquilized for the time being but it depends on the quantity.If you are just going to rock your weekend then it is ok other wise it can also bring a serious dangerous condition for your health and life.
--
SteveJ

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

==================================================================================="CW" wrote:> We'll see. Someone had to do it.---------------------------------------That train left the station a long time ago.There are MORE "medicinal" maijuana dispensaries in Los Angelesthan there are Starbucks.Feds take out the big ones from time to time.Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

=================================================================================="CW" wrote:> We'll see. Someone had to do it. ---------------------------------------That train left the station a long time ago.There are MORE "medicinal" maijuana dispensaries in Los Angelesthan there are Starbucks.Feds take out the big ones from time to time.Lew =====================================================================================================It's been legal for medical use for years. The new law is for recreational use.

Wouldn't the feds interfering reveal the POTUS as an utter hypocri... Oh, wait...
--
I used to like fishing because I thought it had some larger significance. Now I
like fishing because its the one thing I can think of that probably doesnt.

Then they are very foolish.
A friend of mine has just retired from his job as a nurse looking after the mentally ill. You don't even mention drugs to him, he has spent 25 years picking up the pieces, trying to help those damaged by drug use.
There are no such things as "harmless" drugs, even alcohol takes its toll on people's lives, as I'm sure you are aware.
Sure, I enjoy an occasional beer as much as the next man, probably about 1-2 pints per week on average but a former colleague of mine is now an alcoholic with liver damage. Despite all advice and pleading he continues to drink himself to death and it isn't nice watching him do it.
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
On Wed, 07 Nov 2012 09:47:37 +0000 (GMT), Stuart

The real question, is weed worse than alcohol? Both were illegal at one time, but since it could not be stopped, the government finally made alcohol legal and taxed it. Will the use or abuse of weed increase now? Plenty of arguments on both sides and yes, any substance can and will be abused.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No, that's not the real question.
Both were illegal at

On 11/7/2012 3:47 AM, Stuart wrote:

Why does any of that make those states "foolish" for legalizing recreational marijuana? Do you think that's going to magically enable all kinds of people to start taking a drug they wouldn't otherwise take? People with addictive behaviors are going to find *something* to become addicted to, whether it's legal or not.
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
On 11/7/2012 9:45 PM, Steve Turner wrote:

Actually making Marijuana legal will thin out our jails, add actual competition to the drug cartels and make selling pot less profitable for them, and for the "tens of millions" that use it to not have to keep looking over their shoulder.
Leon wrote:

The problem is that you can't legislate responsibility and common sense. Is legalizing Marijuana a path to a better society? Evidentally some states have decided that some use is okay. It seems like legalizing it would reduce by two-thirds the number of cards sold at charity Bingo!
On Thu, 08 Nov 2012 16:05:35 -0500, Bill wrote:

Nor can you legislate morality. Seems folks could figure out that we tried that before with Prohibition. All that did was make a bunch of crooks rich.
Now we're doing the same with marijuana and other drugs - it's not working there either. And the crooks we're enriching this time aren't even from the US!
There will always be people looking for a way out of their miserable existence. Some will turn to alcohol, some to other drugs. Some are beyond help. But we'd probably reduce drug use a lot more by improving lives than by passing laws. No, I don't know how to do that any more than you do. But somehow bringing back the days when one could earn a decent living with semi-skilled or unskilled labor couldn't hurt.
carrying a cross.
[...]

Sorry, guys. My newsreader kept saying it was having trouble posting - obviously it wasn't.
carrying a cross.
Sorry, guys. My newsreader kept saying it was having trouble posting - obviously it wasn't.
carrying a cross.
On 11/8/2012 6:48 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

Talk to it some more ... ;)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010
On 11/8/2012 6:48 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:

What is "it" smoking? Are YOU in Washington? ;~)