margaritaville adirondack chair

Does anyone have one of these chairs? I'm interested in the exact dimensions so I can build a similar chair with some of my own modifications. Thanks.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
niceleyc

It's an "adirondack chair". Plans are readily available. This should get you started:

no(SPAM)vasys

google "jake's chair" and you'll find a good working plan.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Seek out the Fine Woodworking article of a few years ago -- by far the best proportioned. "Jake's Chair" is plug ugly, so are most that Google finds.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I did the Wood Magazine version of this chair awhile ago, and it turned out pretty good (IMHO). Here's the link:

One of the nice things about this set was that it was dimensioned around 2x and 1x stock, which meant if you picked through the local lumber yard for straight stock (and a little use of a hand plane or two), you could get to work pretty quickly on it. I've got some pictures of the finished product, if you're interested.

They had some other matching lawn furniture, which I haven't got around to yet.

Clint

Reply to
Clint