manual for rockwell bandsaw?

is there anyplace I can download a copy of a manual for an old Rockwell Model 14 bandsaw?
thank for any tips!
trs80 wrote:

How old? Twenty-two years ago I acquired an old Milwaukee Delta 14" saw and wrote to Delta who mailed me a parts list and manual along with the information that my saw was produced around 1944-45.
I'd try them or www.owwm.com and see if they have what you need.
If you strike out there and your machine is around the same vintage as mine, e-mail me off-list and I'll scan and mail you a copy of what I have.
ok..thanks....ill try the group

Heh...love your handle...got a few of those yet myself.
About the bandsaw manual, what's the model number? I have a Rockwell 14 (as do, probably, half the group?) and would be happy to scan some stuff if you can't find any other source. You do know that Delta has online parts manuals, yes?
Hi Dave:
I learned here rockwell became delta. I did find a parts breakdown diagram online. But I was hoping to find a manual to tell me how to set it up and service it and stuff. its 28-243 s/n number is 85c06223.
Trash 80. I actually never owne one. But I did have a Atari computer at the time. I remember moving up to a PC with whoppin 10meg hard drive. That was living!

if you want to email me its snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com
thanks again!

trs80 said:

Boy, you'll get plenty of spam now... ;-)
Greg G.

Most of the setup and servicing will be non-model-specific, not even Rockwell/Delta specific. What questions do you have?

Hey now, you're treading on sacred territory there.

freakin' newbies...
Dave Hinz said:

Ah, yes. The Altair 1000 and the Sinclair... You're dating yourself.
Greg G.

Well, it was an Altair 680, but yeah. Still haven't forgiven the idiot who borrowed it and then left it in an UNHEATED GARAGE WITH A LEAKING ROOF for a year. Bastard.
Dave "Do you have any idea what that would eBay for?" Hinz
Dave Hinz said:

Sorry about the 'puter, Dude. <G> Want a box of old Heathkit/ZDS boards?
Hmm.. I may have the wrong brand. I think it was made by SWTP in Texas, and was sorta the first kit computer. Didn't do squat - the show demo consisted of making a radio whistle a tune. Programmed it with toggles. Something 1000 anyway... Or I could be completely mistaken... ;-)
Greg G.

I'm still pissed about that, 15 years later. And he knows it.

I'm in a "get rid of crap" mode right now, but I'll keep you in mind if I run short...

Well, there's the IMSAI, and the SWTPC, the latter being from Texas or thereabouts. Seriously, if you've got parts, check eBay as they may be going for rather alot, especially tested. I could be wrong, it's very cyclical.

That's my line. Get your own.
Dave "Or maybe not?" Hinz
Dave Hinz said:

I can tell... <g> I had a few things that I'm still pissed about after 18 years, but that's another story.

Hey, are you calling my crap crap? Watch out... Well, if you ever need more crap, I've got a ton of it. You would make SWMBO SOOOO happy. I just hate to see it go to waste.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
Greg G.

No, I'm, er, calling the stuff I'm selling on eBay crap. Wait, that's not right, I'm saying the stuff I'm _not_ selling on eBay is crap. No, that's not right either.
HOw about this...there are people who are selling crap, much like the _stuff_ I have, on eBay. Yeah, I think that's it. But my crap is _good_ crap.

Seriously, check out eBay. If you don't have a seller's account, maybe we could work some sort of deal and I could sell the stuff for you? If it's worth anything.

That's why I have most of the crap I have. Stuff, I mean.

Oooh, nice. I'm gonna steal that one ;)
Dave
Dave Hinz said:

LMAO - Exactly. You should hear me trying to explain to the better-half why I _need_ to keep this stuff...

I have an account - ReliableRelics. I sell Tektronix oscilloscopes and stuff. Hey, need a 2247 100mHz, 4 channel, CRT readout scope, per chance? Nice shape - fully calibrated.

I'm buried in it...

Be careful who you use it around - they might not understand. DAMHIKT
Greg G.

Well, seriously, it's good stuff, I just will never use it. I've got a couple of Omega 0.25% accurate pressure gauges. They go for several hundred bucks each new, I fished them out of a salvage skid before they were thrown away. They're fine. I have NO use for them,but someone does. I'll get those on eBay one of these days. Big honking 6" diameter pressure gauges, beautiful mechanisms, worth something to someone. Too good to pay to throw away, not useful to me. I've started selling off stuff like that to finance buying toys that I do want, something I will use.
I've got tons of extra collets, too. Low value, but high volume. I've got 5 or 6 of each of several sizes. I need one of each, not 6 of each. Those will probably go on eBay too. Thing is, I can always buy one just like it if I do screw up and sell something that I find out later I needed.
Kind of like the framing nailer I sold a month ago or so. 100 bucks for a Senco isn't bad for either of us, he's getting use out of it, and I wasn't. If I ever need a framing nailer again, I'll go to eBay, buy one for about that much, and sell it for the same when I'm done. Or not. But this way the other guy gets to use the tool, that 100 bucks turned into something that I'm actually using, and we all come out ahead.
The good stuff that I'm not using, is more use in someone else's basement. It's time consuming and at some point I'm going to regret selling _something_, but with eBay, I can always find one just like it, or nicer, if I turn out to have screwed up.

Have to take a look...

Would it look good in the rack above or below my 556?

Maybe we could _swap_ crap. Then we both get all new crap to play with.
Greg G. said:

Here is an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category 4247&itemu35883854
Just haven't made the time to sort through 10 gazillion baseball cards (don't ask) and all the other cra^H^H^H stuff to list it. If I do, it'll probably be a bulk lot of... uhh... stuff.
Later,
Greg G.