makore/african cherry

Has anyone had experience working with this wood. We want to rip it into 2

1/2" slats to make dun dun drums. We are wondering if the wood has enough internal tension to cause it to twist and bow upon cutting. Walnut? Thankyou. tonyg
Reply to
tonyg

Don't know what dun dun drums are but I've used Makore; resawn it into strips as thin as 3/8" and 1/4" to use in tea boxes and such. Had no problems with it. yymv.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Greenberg