makore/african cherry

Has anyone had experience working with this wood. We want to rip it into 2 1/2" slats to make dun dun drums. We are wondering if the wood has enough internal tension to cause it to twist and bow upon cutting. Walnut? Thankyou. tonyg

strips as thin as 3/8" and 1/4" to use in tea boxes and such. Had no problems with it. yymv.
Gary