Makita roller replacement

OUCH!!! I just did a search for a roller replacement on my Makita 2012 planer and just about fainted. The price at one place was $107 US and I'm assuming that was for one. Anyone know of a source where I can get a better price? The front roller pulls the wood through but the second just spins on it and the wood stays put. What a pain! Probably no good to replace just one, either!!

Another question is how come the front roller doesn't push the wood on through since it goes about 3 inches past roller two anyway?? Maybe I'm missing something here because the rollers certainly don't look worn.

KP

Reply to
Keith
    • P
  • Vote on answer
  • posted

That price is fair actually for type 1??? Serial # up to ~63386E I sell the type 1 rollers for $145 + tax Can ea ($110US approx.) +S&H OR the type 2 rollers for $120 + tax Can ea ($90US approx.) +S&H

There has been a recent service change re: the rollers part # 162140-3 has been changed to part # 162186-9 & the drive shaft, sprockets etc after serial # 63387E~ so make sure you get the right ones

Check the plane bearing compression springs & replace if weak, also there are different springs available for smaller or narrower work pieces if required.

**** IF IN DOUBT TAKE IT TO AN AUTHORIZED MAKITA SERVICE CENTER **** you may not even need new rollers if they dont look worn at all!

Good luck

Reply to
P©WÉ®T©©LMAN