Makita RF1101 Router (Kit) -- Opinions?

Makita 2 1/4 HP RF1101 Combo Kit Router.

own this router and have any comments?

A Recent woodworkign mag rates the equivlent Bosch higher than this one.

Price up here in Canada is $349.

Thanks

Reply to
barnesrich

> Anyone own this router and have any comments?

Ond big advantage and the reason that I picked the same class Bosch 1617evs in 1998 is because the Bosch has a micro adjust fixed base and coarse adjustment. Now you can also get the Bosch in a kit that includes a plunge base for about $199.

Reply to
Leon

I bought this router for a table mount setup. I don't even use the plunge attachment. I am biased because I think makita power tools are exceptional. The router works perfectly and I have no complaints or problems. I use my dewalt plunge router for handheld routing. I would recommend you get a router base with knob to help with control, especially on edge work. I am sure there are many great routers in the same class as the makita. I have many different brands of power tools, and of all of them ... makita stands out as the best overall for me.

Reply to
panofish