Makita LS1013F vs. Hitachi C10FSH

Hi Everyone,
I'm going to be purchsing a sliding dual compound miter. I'm stuck between the Makita LS1013F and the Hitachi C10FSH. Amazon has the Makita for $480.00 and you get a free Makita Drill ($150), $50 extra off, and free shipping. Amazon has the Hitachi for $499 and you get a free extra blade ($59.99), $50 extra off, and free shipping. Reading reviews both seem worth while so I was going to go with the Makita which is a better value. However, it seems as though the hitachi has an "always on" laser sight which the makita does not. Because it is always on you would not have to pencil in lines. From a review it sounds like you can just measure the wood on the saw with a tape measure and line up the laser, lock down the wood and then cut.
Does anyone out there have the Hitachi? Do you really love this feature?
I know that they sell an after market laser sight for $60.00 but it only turns on if the blade is turning which defeats the quick cut benefits.
I have the Makita and like it very much. I wouldn't own one without a stand. I have a TracRac stand that I really like. http://www.tracrac.com/workstation/workstation.html Seems they now make one specifically for the Hitachi. Hitachi is also a great saw, I wouldn't hesitate for either.
It looks like, from their website, they have changed the design a bit. The old design had a wooden table that you attached to the bottom of your saw. The standard one was a bit too small for the Makita but making a slightly larger one was pretty easy.
I never use my saw without the tracrac.
Benefits, to me, of a stand like this: portable sturdy handles and supports long stock has material stop
The material stop is great, it lets you make repetitive cuts w/o measuring. This works all the way out to the end of the support. lets say you needed 100 studs at 7'10" you just measure once and cut 100 times. Ya'll get my drift.

They are both very good saws but from a service standpoint.....I prefer the Makita, the Hitachi is a bitch to work on.....too much clumsy housing......twice the labor bill if you need the bearings changed or the motor worked on.
Just my 10cents worth ( 7.5cents in Canada approx.)
--
Jon Down

make a zero clearance insert and use its slot for alignment to your mark.